Friday, December 31, 2010

Because the LORD your God carries you...


Even to your old age, I am He, 
and even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made and I will bear,
 even I will carry you and deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

The LORD your God carried you,
 as a man carries his son, 
in all the way you went 
until you came to this place.
Deuteronomy 1:31


As I reflect on the Year that is ending today I can only be thankful for the LORD'S love and mercy as He literally carried me and my family and helped us all along!!!

In August he saved our 14 year old son from dying in an accident as his bike crashed into a bus. His skull was fractured from the top of his head up to his right ear 
yet God kept it all in place and after four days in therapy he was sent home!

In September my husband and I celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary with a trip to Ushuaia and to Santa Cruz to see and meet the Glaciars!

In December our youngest son graduated
 from his Primary School Years!

There was also a wedding in the family that I was able to attend. 

So my heart is full of thanks as I look back, celebrating each person as unique and special, thanking God for each moment we have shared as His love enfolds and holds us together.

Happy New Year beloved friends!












2 comments:

  1. amen!
    I found out just this evening, why the cross of Christ is so light and so easy , it is because Jesus is carrying it for you and for me all along....it is so amazing that salvation is not through our own effort but it is so simple that God gave it to us as a gift, and it is by beholding through His character we are changed and the old sinner me don't live anymore but now as wonderful as it is Christ live in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment dear friend!
    Yes wonder of wonders, the God who made us chooses to abide and live within us. "If you love me, obey me, and I will ask the father and He will give you another Comforter, and He will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit who leads into all truth..."
    "No I will not abandon you, or leave you orfans in the storm - I will come to you"...
    "The one who obeys me is the one who loves me; and because he loves me, my father will love him, and I will too, and I will reveal myself to him." John 14: 15 to 21- The One who made you will never fail you! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete