Thursday, May 14, 2009

Even to your old age...


















Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He,
I am He who sustains you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4


My friend Doña María is 93 years old.
I see her every Thursday when she comes to tea!
She cannot come on her own,
 we must take care she will not fall
So arm in arm we go!

Her voice is shaky
and her eyes are watery
but her beautiful heart shines
illuminating us all
as she prays and smiles!

I missed her today,
 she was not feeling well
and had to keep to her bed.
Please pray for her
and for her husband who loves her so!

For sixty long years they have been married
Just looking at them makes me cry
 They are so tender and beloved
so sweet to each other
so full of God's love!

1 comment:

  1. Doña María Vine de Schiavonne died
    On January, 28th January 2010.
    (I was in La Pampa 700 hundred km away.
    That night we had a cyclone!)
    I had visited her a few weeks before
    When we had sung together her favorite hymn. She was very feeble and weak
    But her voice still held that tenderness
    And love towards her LORD
    And Savior Jesus Christ!
    She was 93 years old,
    Her heart the sweetest flower
    To perfume the Master´s Heaven.
    I will see her there!
    God bless and keep you, beloved friend
    And faithful prayer warrior
    Of His Heavenly Kingdom.
    I will never forget you for as long as I live, May I honor the memory of the faith
    You so beautifully shone to all around
    Making us feel so warm inside,
    Almost like being in Heaven already!
    I love and miss you, dear María!
    Thank you for all the times we shared
    May you rest in peace!
    Lilian Alice

    ReplyDelete